A health club is only good if you use it. Therefore, the facility must meet all of your needs in order for you to get the most out of using it. Here are some tips to keep in mind when out shopping for a club to join.
1. Make sure it is close to your home or office.
2. Check that they are open at the times you need them to be.
3. They offer both aerobic and weight training equipment/activities.
4. Staff that knows the equipment and can help you use it properly.
5. Trained professional on staff to help you plan a program that meets your needs.
6. Make sure the equipment is in good working order. Also, make sure they have enough machines to keep you from having to wait around.
7. Make sure the facility is clean.
8. Check out the other members while you are there to see if the atmosphere is a good one for you.
9. A trial membership that is 3 months or less. A lot of facilities will let you have a free trial work out.
10. A refund policy in case you get hurt or have to move.
Stay away from facilities that:
1. Make you feel pressured to sign a contract then and there.
2. Offer a lifetime membership (what if they go bankrupt?)
3. The staff isn't trained. This could be a dangerous place to join.
4. Pool area isn't clean. You should be able to see the bottom of the pool if the chemicals are at the correct levels.
5. Equipment that is out of service.
6. Uncomfortable feeling from the staff or other members.